Slow Cooker Conversion Chart

New in the world of Crock Pot?

Not sure how to convert your old recipes?

This Chart is all you need!

History of Crock Pot

History of Crock Pot - superhealthycooking.net

The inventor’s name is Irving Naxon who was inspired by his Lithuanian mother. She had told him stories about a bean stew (Cholent), which took several hours to cook in the oven. Irving had a vision of a portable device that could replace the oven.

He invented the Naxon BeaneryΒ in 1936 and sold his design to Rival Manufacturing in the early 1970’s. They rebranded it and put it on the market as Crock Pot. It was marketed toward working women who could place the food in the cooker in the morning and come home to a ready dish. In 1974 Rival introduced removable stoneware inserts, making the appliance easier to clean. Crock Pot was a huge success. They sold millions of them in the 70’s.

So what is a Slow Cooker?

A slow cooker (also known as Crock pot) is a counter-top electrical cooking appliance, used to simmer your food at a lower temperature and for a longer period of time than other cooking methods. Due toΒ these differences, your recipes must be modified!

For example:

• Quantities of liquids may need adjustment. Learn more about it HERE.
  • Cooking times must be converted. Follow this chart:

Pin it & Use it:

slow-cooker-chart

We made you a detailed guide onΒ How To Rock Your Crock Pot to ensure success πŸ™‚

Don’t have one yet? Check out mine:

Advertisements

47 Comments Add yours

1. eatsleeds says:

This is super-helpful – I need to get my slow-cooker back out of storage πŸ™‚

2. Anna says:

This is very helpful. I love using my slow cooker in fact I own two slow cooker. If I don’t baked it, I normally put it in slow cooker and just sit down relax and wait for the food to be done.

1. That’s why it’s so awesome πŸ™‚

3. Looks like an interesting to have in your kitchen. I’m for anything that makes cooking easier and less time in the kitchen!

1. Well then Crock Pot is for you! πŸ˜‰

Liked by 1 person

4. I love my crock pot and since I started to be more intentional with meal planning the crock pot makes the line up each week.,,sometimes twice.

1. That’s a lot of saved time πŸ™‚

5. Amber says:

Thank you for this! I love my crock pot and would prefer to use it to an oven. I’ll keep this post in mind.

Liked by 1 person

6. Nice history on the crockpot. I have one and use it often.

7. Nichole says:

Thanks for sharing. Crock pot meals are always a great go to.

8. Shelby says:

What a useful conversion chart! I love cooking in my crockpot, so this will definitely come in handy. Thanks!

1. You’re very welcome! πŸ™‚

9. Ance says:

This is great you can anything makes easier and less time in the kitchen! Very useful!

10. The Editor says:

Very interesting history of crock pot! Thanks for this chart too!

11. Breena says:

Oh I love my crock pot! This is great information.

12. Crissy says:

I’ve never used a crock pot or a slow cooker before this was definitely some useful information to know. Thanks for sharing!

13. I have a crock pot that I have never used. I need to start! It seems so much easier than using the oven.

14. diaryofareallifemomblog says:

These conversion times are so helpful! Thank you!

15. Valerie says:

I’m so saving this. I love to use things in my slow cooker. I need to get out a 2nd one so I can always have something in the rotation.

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh, glad you like it πŸ™‚ I never thought of getting another one…but it has sense! πŸ˜€

16. alwaysampersand1 says:

Such an awesome chart! We love our crockpot cause it cooks our whole dinner for a week!

1. I am thrilled πŸ™‚ I love it as well.. saves so much time.. πŸ™‚

17. nbosken says:

I love the crockpot! It is so easy … just dump everything in in the morning and come home to dinner!

18. Eileen says:

For a busy mom like me, my crock pot is my best friend. Since I got my first one, I never turned back. It was like a dream come true! Thanks for the Conversion Chart! That will really helpful.

1. You are welcome πŸ˜‰

19. Amer Phils says:

For somebody who doesn’t know how to cook, probably I’m the worst cook in America, this post is very helpful. I honestly don’t know the difference between a crock pot and a slow cook,… well I do now.

1. Everybody starts at somewhere! πŸ˜‰ Glad you found it helpful πŸ™‚

20. Ana De-Jesus says:

What a great crockpot I have been after a good slow cooker for a while and this conversion chart is perfect. Time to buy !

21. alisonrost says:

The crockpot in the first picture is just like the one my mom used when we growing up. I hadn’t thought about that in so long. Thanks for hints of nostalgia and a really great post

22. Elizabeth O. says:

Slow cookers make cooking so convenient especially for working moms like me. I think it’s awesome that there are plenty of recipes these days especially on pinterest. I love the idea of being able to cook home cooked meals for my family in just one go.

23. Ana Ojha says:

Very useful conversation chart! Usually, I don’t cook but always open to learning about new stuff!

Liked by 1 person

24. This is a great conversion chart! I will definitely be using it to transfer some other recipes to the crock pot.

25. lastchance3 says:

Thank you so much for this!!! I definitely need this for when I don’t feel like cooking.

26. I’m not used to using a crock but your guide is very helpful showing us exact timing for everything. Maybe it’s because of what I cook but I’m always trying to expand my skills and cook different and new stuff!

Liked by 1 person

1. It makes cooking hassle free πŸ˜‰ You can give it a try!

27. I don`t own a slow cooker but I need one in my kitchen. How cute is the colourful conventional chart ^_^

Liked by 1 person

28. I LOVE CROCK POTS. I have yet to adorn my French kitchen with one, but this is a must-have.

29. Anwar Abdi says:

Omg, I love slow cooker because it makes life easier especially being busy with work. But I need purchase of this for my mommy πŸ˜€

30. Dreammerin says:

This is very interesting! I’m impressed when it comes to design of your website!! Great job

1. Thanks a lot! Value your feedback! πŸ™‚

31. dreamingloud says:

Very useful info! I don’t own a slow cooker but planning to get one real soon!

32. thestyletune says:

love making stews and lentils in crockpot! this one looks great!

33. Sarah Berthe says:

I never knew about the history of crockpots and I’m glad I know now. I love slow cooking especially for beef!

Liked by 1 person

34. That sounds like a must-have! Never used any slow-cookers, but it really make sense. I’m a fan of lentils so this would be a perfect for my dishes.