Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 129
- Carbs: 25/24g
- Fat: 3,9g
- Protein: 3,5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 166mg
Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- Recipe courtesy: Jamie Oliver.
- 20 g sesame seeds
- ½ a watermelon
- 1 bunch of breakfast radishes
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint
- 1 lime , optional
- ½ clove of garlic
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1-2 fresh red chillies
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Toast the sesame seeds in a hot dry pan over a medium-high heat for a couple of minutes until golden and smelling fantastic. Set aside.
- For the dressing, peel the garlic and ginger, deseed the chilli, then finely grate it all into a clean jam jar.
- Squeeze in the lime juice, add the soy and sesame oil, put the lid on and shake well to combine.
- Scoop out and cut the watermelon flesh into 1cm chunks. Finely slice the radishes, leaving alone any nice tops, then pick and finely slice the mint leaves (reserve any baby leaves to one side).
- Combine the watermelon and radishes in a bowl, pour over the dressing, scatter over the sliced mint and toss to combine.
- Finish with a scattering of toasted sesame seeds and the baby mint leaves, then serve with lime wedges for squeezing over, if you like.
Photo credit: Jamie Oliver